Online International Composition Competition 2023
COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
For participants under the age of 18, please download PDF declaration form here
2. The style of the composition is free.
3. The composition has to be an original work, for piano solo,
between 5 and 10 minutes long. Arrangements and use of
electronic and prepared piano techniques are not allowed.
4. Works that have been published or recorded before can not participate
5. Compositions should be prepared as PDF and mp3 file
(any music notation software) and submitted anonymously
6. Composers should not write their credentials on the score
7. The top 3 pieces chosen will be performed live at the
MALTA PIANO FESTIVAL 2023 (16th - 22nd August)
The event will be audio and video recorded and uploaded
to the Malta Piano Academy YouTube channel
8. Participants can apply on email@example.com
by uploading all the necessary documents from the application tab.
The competition results will be published here on the competition website page.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION
1. ID of the participant (ID card or passport)
2. Resume and contact information of the participant (e-mail, telephone)
3. Photo of the participant at least 300 dpi resolution
4. Declaration form for the participants under the age of 18 (see above)
5. A receipt showing that the application fee for the competition
has been paid by any of the options specified on the payment tab on the website
6. Participants are required to send the PDF file (Max 100 Mb)
and mp3 file (Max 100Mb) of their works
7. It is not possible for the competitors to impose any copyright or restriction
on all audio and video recordings of the competition
organized by the Malta Piano Academy. All broadcasting rights of the contest
belong to the Malta Piano Academy organizing the contest.
We also accept:
The works will be evaluated by 3 professional composers
The decision made is final and cannot be changed
20.05.2023 Application deadline
24. - 31. 05.2023. Jury evaluation
10.06.2023. Announcement of the results
All paticipants will recieve certificate of participation